Manchester United are set to meet with archrival Man City in the fourth round of the English Football League (EFL). United defeated their third round opponents Northampton 3-1 on Wednesday.
Mourinho already tasted defeat when he faced off with Pep Guardiola in the Premier League this term. City comfortably trounced United 2-1 at Old Trafford.
The win over Northampton ends the successive defeats United have suffered in the Premier League and in Europe. The win didn’t come without its own share of imperfections, but at least the team got the job done. On the other hand, City breezed through a 2-1 win against Swansea City in a keenly contested game at Liberty Stadium.
Sam Allardyce hints he would not mind getting in the bad books of the club bosses if that is what it takes for him to be able to pick the squad he desires.
Allardyce, in all likeliness, is going to have Luke Shaw in the line-up he discloses this weekend.
It’s not been long since Shaw has resumed playing and Jose Mourinho would probably prefer the defender to be spared from national duty for now so that he can rest.
But, Allardyce has made it clear that he will get in touch with the Red Devils’ coach and even if there is no green signal from him, he won’t care and will go ahead as per his planning.
Speaking recently, the 61-year old said, “I would chat with Mourinho. I have never had any problems with him and neither has he. But, it’s a different situation if someone is a club boss and the national boss is talking to him.”
Former Manchester United star Paul Parker believes that the club need at least three more players in order to start challenging for the Premier League title.
Parker, who managed to win two league titles during his time at United, says that the squad does not feel strong enough to last through the entire campaign even while competing in other competitions. Hence, he feels that the club should address weaknesses in areas like central defence, central midfield, and forward positions. Parker’s recommendation comes at a time when United have just splashed £ 150 million on four new players in the summer transfer window.
Borussia Dortmund have categorically stated that midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan will not be allowed to leave the club in the summer.
The player only has 12 months left on his contract and could start negotiating terms with foreign clubs from January. After having lost numerous top players on free transfers in the last few years, Dortmund are fearing at the possibility of once again letting one of their top players go for nothing. Only recently, striker Robert Lewandowski, who is valued in excess of £ 40 million, joined Bayern Munich on a free transfer after allowing his contract to expire.
Manchester United superstar Wayne Rooney is working with the club’s foundation to provide help for kids. The player says all the funds raised from his testimonial match against his former club Everton at Old Trafford will go to the charity.
The money is understood will be used to fund a scholarship programme to cater for youths from disadvantaged areas. The funds aims at giving the children an opportunity to reach university level education. Four charities are set to benefit from the proceeds of the charity game with Manchester United Foundation being one of them.
It is believed that Manchester United might be making a bid for their former player Paul Pogba.
There are reports that Jose Mourinho has instructed the Manchester United board to try and sign the French midfielder.
Jose Mourinho has been having some lengthy discussions with Manchester United Ed Woodward, and it is believed that a great deal of these discussions has been about signing new players.
There are reports that the Portuguese manager has told Ed Woodward to get Paul Pogba whatever the cost is.
It is believed that Manchester United will be making a £100m to Juventus to test their resolve when it comes to the player. The Italian club has previously said that the French midfielder was not available for sale, but we will have to wait for their answer if Manchester United do make the offer for Paul Pogba.
Following up on the bomb scare that has delayed the last game for Manchester United this season, the club has set up an enquiry.
The "urgent" inquiry has been demanded after a dummy bomb used in a security exercise caused the Premier League match against AFC Bournemouth at Old Trafford to be postponed.
A controlled explosion was carried out on the device, which police said was accidentally left by a private firm. Greater Manchester Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd called for a full inquiry into the "fiasco." He also told BBC Sport that United "need to apologize very, very seriously" to supporters of both clubs who were at Old Trafford.
Italian players Andrea Pirlo, Sebastian Giovinco and Mario Balotelli have been left off the preliminary list announced for Euro 2016 for Italy.
Toronto FC forward Giovinco is one of a number of noteworthy players left off the continental tournament.
The 29-year old, who has 30 goals in 45 games for TFC, was surprisingly not included in manager Antonio Conte's 30-man squad, despite his decent performance at his club.
Aside Giovinco is Balotelli, whose goals during the 2012 tournament sent Italy into the European championship final before they lost 4-0 in the final to Spain.
Louis van Gaal admitted that Manchester United are relying heavily upon Arsenal to help them finish in the top four.
The Red Devils managed to move within a point of Manchester City after a 1-0 win over Norwich City. Juan Mata scored the only goal of the game to help United closer to the top four places. Manchester City do have a game in hand, but it is probably one of their toughest matches remaining in the season. A visit to face Arsenal at the Emirates stadium awaits City and this match could potentially see United close the gap.
Manchester United are starting a rejuvenation process as Louis van Gaal is beginning to add more young players to his squad and the latest one to be signed by the Dutch coach is a 16 year old performer who was also being targeted by Arsenal and Chelsea but it was Manchester United the club that managed to secure his services.
Nishan Burkart will be making a move to Manchester United at the end of the season; Burkart is currently performing for FC Zurich but it was confirmed by his father that a deal has already taken place which is going to see the youngster making a move to Old Trafford in the summer transfer window.
"We have decided to leave the club in the summer. Nishan switches to Manchester United.